I was at a restaurant in Gurgaon and saw an "offer". It read "Upto 20% discount on billing amount using your Citibank credit card". I order a wee bit more than i need, yes it is tough to resist, and knowing how hardwired the word "discount" is to ones psyche. Well I was packing the same for a family lunch at home. The Gurgaon sun is not so appealing this time of the year and more so if your car's ac is not in "tip top" condition.
I flash the gold card only to be told by the waiters (post a huddle and shifty eyeball dialect, practiced and perfected after years of confronting demanding customers), that the scheme is valid only for those who eat the meal at the restaurant rather than pack it.
Now that would qualify as the most innovative idea on how not to give the discount I have ever come across.
No comments:
Post a Comment