Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The cost of shifting ones vehicle.

If you are moving from one city to another, it is true you have many worries which are much larger and annoying than your shrieking child (and wife if you are one of the lucky ones!!). It would be prudent to keep your head steady on the costs. These activities being a "once in a coupla years" , we tend to forget the vermin gnawing slowly at balance in the bank. I recently shifted back from the Mumbai to Delhi and had to bring my car along. It cost me around 6k in all. This is much lesser that the quotes I have heard from friends who did the same. The costs were all in the range of 15 to 20k. Now I would not have bothered to put this up if my car got back all banged up and stinky, but it came back just fine. The same was the story when I went to Mumbai last year. A friend of mine, who did the move this year, paid up around 20k. Yeah I have a lot of things I could have done with the saved 14k and I am sure you would do too.

No comments: